Sticking out is the name of the game
Daily tons of information and publicity reach you and the ones sticking out are the only notices that will get your real attention. In fact, it’s quite natural that you only pay attention to what is different.
If you see 100 sheep on a field and only one is black, then the black one is sticking out and grab your attention.
Without any political approach, I do believe that you agree with me when I’m saying that the president of the United States of America is sticking out. He doesn’t fall into any standard political frame but does it his way. The consequences are that you listen more carefully than normal to the messages he is delivering as the president of one of the most powerful nations in the world.
More about the unique situation in the U.S., from a marketing perspective, you can find in my article “What Marketers Can Learn From Donald Trump,” from the 23rd of April, 2016 and “How To Get Your Attention,” of the 10th of October 2016.
Whatever marketing formula you would like to apply in your activity, they all start with the same:
Without getting your audience’s attention, the rest will be close to useless. In one way or another you need to grab your audience’s attention, and without any doubt sticking out, is the most efficient method.
Different Ways Of Sticking Out
There are different ways of sticking out, and you need to know your audience enough to chose the right one.
- Focus on solutions – without any doubt the solution for a particular problem is the number one approach to get your audience’s attention. Nothing will grab your attention in a better way. The problem though is to specify enough the issue of the group of people to where you’re directing your message.
- Play around with headlines and subtitles – In today’s stressful environment we don’t have time to read everything that is reaching your inbox. The scrolling technique becomes more prevalent as the quantity of information and publicity is increasing. Sticking out by having a title in bold or a provocative subtitle in between the text, can help not to lose the attention of a potential customer. A headline like “3 tricks entrepreneurial gurus never will tell you,” will absolutely get your attention if you are in that niche.
- Free of charge marketing hooks – we all like to get free gifts and to get your attention by giving away something for free, works extremely well. However, be careful to offer something that is connected to your niche and the product you’re offering. To give away a pair of sunglasses to an audience with interests in music, will not work but rather give an opposite effect.
- Marketing messaging…..
…..By Sticking Out
When you get a hit by a message that literally slashes your face, for sure, you will react.
A few weeks ago I saw this message in Denmark. “Fashion is for idiots,” is the only text you can read and you either get angry, upset, provoked, or something else. The basis of the whole method is the provocation, and you will absolutely take the next step to find out what this is all about.
When the T-shirt with the text challenging you to find out if you’re an idiot or not, and you take a step forward to read the rest of the text in small letters, it all falls into place.
“Like us. We’re all slaves to fashion. We’re all fucking idiots. Sometimes. Mary had a little lamb, but like the rest of the flock it ended up at the slaughter house…only dead fish follow the stream…blah, blah, blah. But true. Mass uniformity will never get us noticed, admired or desired. Individuality is what turns heads…gets us laid…brings home bacon…blah, blah, blah. But true. Let’s dare to go green when the rest go red. Let’s dare to use a different compass to navigate us to a different conclusion. Let’s dare to stand out. Let’s do it now!”
Messaging As You Learn
Standing out from the marketing clutter will always help you to get people’s attention and build trust with your audience.
My decision a few year’s ago to enter the online affiliate marketing business through the Six Figure Mentors (SFM) daily changes my life in many aspects.
If you are thinking about starting your online business, SFM could be a perfect fit for you. Let’s start with a clear and transparent declaration of what SFM isn’t:
- It’s not a “get-rich-quick” scheme
- You need to invest necessary time to get your business up and running properly
- It’s not a business you can start up for free. You need some money, even if far away from the old traditional business start-ups.
- This is not an ordinary job but rather a lifestyle where your results will be directly dependent on your passion and dedication
If you can deal with the “what SFM isn’t” points above, the good news is:
- You are your own boss and decide how to manage your business
- There is no limit to what you can earn. Your effort and the “sky is the limit.”
- Being an Internet based business you can work from anywhere, and your flexibility to travel is limitless.
- Being an SFM affiliate, you will get full access to a platform allowing you to automate your business
- SFM will provide you all the training, coaching and support you will need for your business
- The SFM community is unique and being a member of this exclusive group of similar entrepreneurial people; you will be able to network with like-minded individuals from all over the world
- Without a 100% conviction but with a curiosity to give it a try, you’ll have the opportunity to try it out for free during 30 days
Some years ago you were sticking out if you entered the online business environment. Today it’s the new way of doing business, and soon it will become a mode of survival.
Never miss another one of my articles!
Sign up below!
As a bonus, you’ll also get instant access to the Six Figure Mentors 7-days video series for FREE when you sign up.
Jan O. Nilsson – 4 Ways To Get Your Attention By Sticking Out <== Go to the top of page